0 - Let's look deeper at what Abuse Is and is not to categorize what is taking place here. Is it really abuse OR is it something else? What is actually taking place? Is this teacher really abusive or rather directly willing to confront ego spins in order to shine a light on what would benefit to be seen? While this path isn't lovey dovey sweet neither is it abusive - let's look deeper ok? The cutting of ego isn't pleasant nor fun it can be a painful process but one that gains great benefits in the end if one can delve into what is beyond an immediate knee jerk reaction of fight or flight response. What is it that is really bothering you?
If it is Really Abuse then Run don't Walk to the Door
abuse - verb [ trans. ] 1. use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse : the judge abused his power by imposing the fines. 0 - So what is the bad purpose here ? helping one to break through their drama is that a bad purpose ?
• make excessive and habitual use of (alcohol or drugs, esp. illegal ones). 0 - ok that bears no weight here.
2. treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, esp. regularly or repeatedly : riders who abuse their horses should be prosecuted. 0 - there has never been cruelty or violence used here.
• assault (someone, esp. a woman or child) sexually : he was a depraved man who had abused his two young daughters | [as adj. ] ( abused) abused children. 0 - well you can rule this out as well.
• use or treat in such a way as to cause damage or harm : he had been abusing his body for years. 0 - again not even anywhere close.
• speak in an insulting and offensive way to or about (someone) : the referee was abused by players from both teams. 0 - no one has been spoken to in any way offensive nor in an insulting manner.
As you can see from the rest of the following again these hold no water.
noun |əˈbyoōs| 1. the improper use of something : alcohol abuse | an abuse of public funds. • unjust or corrupt practice : protection against fraud and abuse | human rights abuses. 2 cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal : a black eye and other signs of physical abuse. • violent treatment involving sexual assault, esp. on a repeated basis : young people who have suffered sexual abuse. • insulting and offensive language : waving his fists and hurling abuse at the driver. 0 - None can be claimed by any to take place here. So abuse ? i think not now let's look at what is happening.
0 - Really Look at the difference between suffering an affront versus genuine abuse. What ego's suffer here is an affront to their egos there has never been abuse of anyone who has stepped through the portals here. Read affront and Ego and what you will find is that an ego that is challenged is going to suffer an affront but to say it is abuse - is really over the top stating what is taking place. And if you want to layer it over saying it's abuse then one is really expecting the ego's games and drama's to be respected and played to rather than being cut through. Let's look again deeply at the difference of Abuse versus an Affront to ones Ego.
affront - noun an action or remark that causes outrage or offense : he took his son's desertion as a personal affront | privilege publicly worn is an affront to democracy. 0 - Yep this about sums it up. Ego hears something it doesn't want to hear and is up in arms about it.
verb [ trans. ] (usu. be affronted) offend the modesty or values of : she was affronted by his familiarity. ORIGIN Middle English (as a verb): from Old French afronter `to slap in the face, insult,' based on Latin ad frontem `to the face.' 0 - again this hold true. Your games of what ego wants and doesn't want isn't being played to - so it's up in arms suffering an affront. But affront is by no means abuse.
ego |ˈēgō| noun ( pl. egos) a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance : a boost to my ego. 0 - There you have it in spades you self importance has suffered an affront. Huge Difference between that and actual Abuse. And if you want to claim abuse then you are off on a rant that will build and nothing can be cut through.
0 - If you are beaten - or having mind games being played with you or are being raped THEN claim Abuse. But hearing something you don't like is simply hearing what is an affront to your holdings and your self collected image. To claim abuse is absurd. Am sorry that peoples ego's are suffering because they don't get their way at every turn. Again nothing get's cut through if it doesn't get confronted. If people have to construct and hold onto a nice comfy Ego image and can't hear something that is going to challenge then they are in the wrong place. To confuse an Affront and claim it Abuse is really projecting out from a place of poor wounded me syndrome. Again if you can't see the difference between genuine abuse versus having an ego affront then one is a fool to remain here. If one is being abused and they don't run for the door then they are a fool SO if you really feel abuse is taking place; don't walk but run through the door.
• Psychoanalysis the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity. Compare with id and superego . • an overly high opinion of oneself : some major players with really big egos. • Philosophy (in metaphysics) a conscious thinking subject. DERIVATIVES egoless adjective ORIGIN early 19th cent.: from Latin, literally `I.'